ABOUT THIS PROPERTY
WATERFRONT investment opportunity that includes a hotel and commercial, business and restaurant space, located on the boardwalk of the historic Christiansted town in St. Croix, US Virgin Islands. This historic property with classic Caribbean architecture, consisting of seven buildings and a swimming pool spans from active Strand Street to the boardwalk on prime harbor waterfrontage! The mixed-use space can allow for 17 hotel rooms, restaurants proven and current, boutique shops, commercial use of outdoor courtyard and garden spaces, and a unique three-story sugar mill (replica) located right on the boardwalk. This would be a great opportunity to take advantage of St. Croix’s EDA programs! A description of the space:
1. The historic ice house and pavilion – this includes the space for Noodz (formerly 40 strand eatery), strand street gallery, the old hotel laundry and folding room (suitable for walk-in retail or a day spa) on the Comanche walk- in ground floor, the second floor of the Comanche pavilion has a bar, kitchen and is where the former cigar bar was. previously the old ice house was the very successful, widely-acclaimed Comanche Restaurant for over four decades.
2.The guard house, previously occupied by beach massage on the ground floor, is a two- room office/studio with restroom accessed through the pavilion on the second floor
3. The Danish apartment building on the Comanche walk with two commercial rooms on the ground floor and two small hotel rooms on the second floor currently used as a caretaker’s apartment
4. The three-story south bridge house has six commercial spaces on the Comanche walk, three hotel suites on the second floor and four loft-style balcony hotel rooms on the third floor
5. Three-story north bridge house has six commercial spaces on the Comanche walk, six hotel rooms on the second floor, and four loft hotel suites on the third floor
6. The stag house is being used as the prep kitchen, office and storage for the mill boardwalk bar and pizza restaurant and has a rooftop deck.
7. The Comanche mill, a three-story replica sugar mill on the boardwalk, is occupied by the sion farm distillery mutiny vodka tasting room and previously was used as the honeymoon suite for the hotel.
8. Waterfront bandstand on the boardwalk with open space for entertainment, music and mini- concerts. the bandstand is now home to the Sublimestx boardwalk retail shop specializing in spf50 outerwear.
9. Possibility to construct an 80′ pier with boat slips off of boardwalk across from The Mill.
Important information to know:
” City water plus 2 or 3 cisterns – need repairs on downspouts and misc. repair. Also, Potential Danish well. Not sure on gallows for either.
” No alternative power
” Construction of property, Including roof: Stone, concrete, CMU filled with concrete, built between 1820s 1970’s when Bill Taylor did the north bridge house. Roof is wood covered with Tin.
” No Hurricane Protection
” Three electric meters and two water meters
Details of hotel rooms:
17 rooms, 17 bathrooms.
Rooms 21,22,23 suites – pool view, sitting room plus bedroom/bathroom. One queen bed.
Rooms 24, 25, 28 – pool view, small rooms with regular bed and bathroom.
Rooms 26,27 – pool view, larger rooms with two queen beds each and bathroom.
Room 29 – Boardwalk Harbor view suite with king bed, bathroom.
Rooms 32-35 – pool view, French doors and railing overlooking pool, queen beds with bathrooms.
Rooms 36-39 – Boardwalk and Harbor view loft suites, king bed downstairs, queen bed in loft, 36 has additional regular bed in loft, all have sliding doors onto small balcony overlooking the waterfront.